Resolute Forest Products
Resolute Forest Products is a global leader in the forest products industry with a diverse range of products, including market pulp, tissue, wood products, newsprint and specialty papers, which are marketed in close to 70 countries.
The company owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in the United States and Canada.
Resolute is looking for a Server Administrator with excellent scripting knowledge on PowerShell for a growing environment. Reporting to the Server Team Lead, the incumbent will be part of a vibrant, enthusiastic team, and will work with the Server Support team to install, administer and optimize company servers and related components across a distributed infrastructure using scripting or automation.
- Provide technical expertise and work autonomously;
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security;
- Provide timely response to users issues and escalations;
- Resolve incidents impacting hosts or environment;
- Investigate and troubleshoot root causes via problem management;
- Create PowerShell scripts as required;
- Manage enterprise directory services and support server infrastructure;
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments;
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance;
- Develop and maintain training materials and server documentation;
- Provide 24/7 On-Call support.
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a senior technical analytical position responsible for managing server environments;
- At least two years of experience in scripting code, using PowerShell and common scripting tools;
- Strong Active Directory knowledge relating to structure and troubleshooting including DNS, Sites & Services, Replication, Security, LDAP protocol, User management;
- Proficient in Windows Operating Systems, server builds, server upgrades, GPOs and Logon scripts;
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools;
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and other network protocols and operating system configuration;
- General knowledge of storage technologies such as SAN or NAS.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required;
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of load balancing and clustering;
- Knowledge of ITIL, Service Now;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud (O365, Azure, SharePoint, Teams).