Resolute Forest Products
Resolute Forest Products is a global leader in the forest products industry with a diverse range of products, including market pulp, tissue, wood products, newsprint and specialty papers, which are marketed in close to 70 countries.
The company owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in the United States and Canada.
Resolute is looking for a Backup Specialist for its multi-site environment. The incumbent will report to the Virtualization and Storage Team Lead and will be part of a vibrant, enthusiastic team. He will work with this team to design, implement and maintain the whole backup environment. The incumbent will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the Commvault environment and providing reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
- Provide Level 3 support on Commvault Simpana;
- Report and retrieve capacity reports from the tool;
- Administer the Commvault Management Console Server and command line exposure, Commvault Recovery Overview;
- Recover Backup/Restore Servers from failure, integrating with other tools: Enterprise Management Systems;
- Mentor Level 1 & 2 Backup Administrators;
- Install, configure, administer and complete maintenance of Commvault;
- Manage backups and restores of multiple databases (MS-SQL, Oracle and DB2);
- Review the complete backup Infra. Plan & advise on new H/W Infra to higher management for New Backup Infra;
- Look into capacity planning and management. Work on escalated issues by Backup Ops;
- Follow standards, write, maintain the necessary documentation;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise;
- Respond to requests for Legal-Holds and Preservations.
- Bachelor degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience or College degree with a stronger experience;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience on Commvault;
- Understand the concept of backup, restore, archive, performance tuning, policy creation & modification;
- Experience supporting 24-7 environments. Provide after hours on-call support for critical issues.
Skills and knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with NetApp and HP 3PAR storage;
- Experience with a virtual environment (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hper-V);
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Unix based operating system;
- Knowledge in a scripting language like Powershell.